Our trainers are published authors and conference speakers in Asperger syndrome and have worked with over 300 people with this condition.
As well as general Autism Spectrum Conditions Training , we also provide specialist training in Asperger syndrome on its own for those working with individuals affected by this type of Autism Spectrum Condition. Our trainers are published authors and conference speakers in Asperger syndrome and have worked with over 300 people with this condition.
The training can be a general awareness session or focus on a more specific area, such as:
- Social and personal relationships and sexuality for those with Asperger syndrome
- Criminal justice and offending behaviour and the Autism Spectrum
- Asperger syndrome and Alcoholism
- Women on the Autism Spectrum
- Education - primary, secondary, FE or HE focused
- Employment - what works for people on the Autism Spectrum
Many of our Asperger syndrome courses are delivered by Sarah Hendrickx, a renowned expert in the field of autism, who has a diagnosis of Asperger syndrome herself.
It should be noted that although the DSM V for Autism Spectrum Condition removes the term 'Asperger syndrome' from diagnostic measures, we feel that until this change has been widely acknowledged and accepted, many people will continue to use it. Our training covers the changes and implications of the DSM V diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Conditions.